Summer is here—the best time to relish fresh, locally grown fruits and veggies prepared minimally and eaten alfresco. Grilling is many people’s favorite way to prepare fresh summer produce; open flames lend rich flavor to foods and grilling lets us spend time outdoors as we prepare our meals (plus it can help reduce cooling bills by keeping cooking heat outside). Grilled fish is also a tantalizing treat, but with issues ranging from overfishing to unhealthy levels of mercury, selecting safe and sustainable seafood can be a challenge. The Monterey Bay Aquarium makes it easier for all of us with its list of healthy choices at Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch.
Summer Recipes for the Grill:
• Baja Fish Tacos Recipe
• Blackened Fish Po' Boy Recipe
• Grilled Pineapple Rings with Jalapeño Tequila Recipe
• Grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe with Fresh Fig Skewers
• French Garden Radish Plate with Grilled Onion Butter
• Grill-Roasted Edamame Recipe
• Grill-Roasted Tomatillo Salsa recipe
For tips on grilling fruits and vegetables to perfection, check out the article Easy Grilled Vegetables and Fruits.