This dish is an excellent accompaniment to chicken or fish.
• 2 teaspoons oil
• 1 cup chopped zucchini
• 1 cup chopped yellow squash
• 1 1/4 cups cubed sweet red pepper
• 1 cup cubed Spanish onion
• 1/8 cup thinly sliced garlic
• 2 teaspoons ground coriander
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, or
• 3/4 teaspoon dried
• 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
Heat a nonstick pan and add the oil. Add the zucchini and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add the yellow squash and stir-fry 1 minute. Add the red pepper and stir-fry 45 seconds. Add the onion and stir-fry 15 seconds. Add the garlic and stir-fry 15 seconds. Add the coriander and basil with the vinegar and stir-fry until the vinegar fumes have evaporated, approximately 10 seconds. Total cooking time should be no longer than 8 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and serve.
--Mrs. Dana E. Pascale Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
For more recipes from Kitchen Table, click here.