Makes about 2 dozen
These monster balls are full of good stuff. They’ll be popular with the whole family. If desired, substitute apple juice for the water and reduce the stevia.
• 2 cups rolled oats
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup water
• 1/4 cup butter or margarine
• 1 large apple, finely diced
• 3/4 cup raisins or currants
• 1 cup any nut butter
• 1/2 cup carob chips (optional)
• 2 teaspoons green powdered stevia leaf
• 1/4 to 1/2 pound pecan halves
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, combine the rolled oats, eggs, water, and butter. Stir in the nut butter and remaining ingredients except the pecans. Form into 1-inch balls and place on greased cookie sheets. Press a pecan half on top of each ball. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
David Richard is an herb enthusiast and a health writer/publisher who lives in a wooded area outside of Chicago. This article is adapted from his book (Blue Heron Press, 1997).
Click here for the main article, Stevia: Naturally Sweet Recipes .