Try these roast potatoes and you’ll never want to eat potatoes any other way. For an extra-zingy and colorful vegetable dish, use sweet potatoes and carrots, too.
• 4 to 6 medium potatoes
• Sea salt
• 2 to 3 cloves garlic
• 1 to 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (dried will do, fresh is better)
• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wash but don’t peel potatoes, slice in half lengthways, then slice again into skinny quarters.
2. Place potatoes in a bowl and rub with salt.
3. Using a mortar and pestle, crush garlic, rosemary and remaining salt with a little olive oil. Add the rest of the oil gradually until it’s blended in.
4. Pour oil mixture over potatoes and coat well.
5. Place on a baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes. Turn oven up slightly, turn potatoes over, and brown for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Click here for the original article, Hip, Hip Ole for the Fresh Flavors of Spain: Herbs in Spanish Culture.