Ellie Krieger talks with The Herb Companion about why the diet mentality is unhealthy, the connection between her favorite meals and romance, and why her 5-year-old is her mother’s daughter in the original article, Flavor First: Ellie Krieger.
Snow Pea, Scallion and Radish Salad
This colorful springtime salad has just 72 calories and 3.5 grams of fat per serving. It’s an excellent source of vitamins C and K.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, trimmed and cut into thin strips (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon walnut or canola oil
- Put snow peas in a microwave-safe bowl with the water. Cover tightly and microwave 1 minute. Drain and let cool.
- Cut snow peas diagonally into 1/2-inch diamond shapes, discarding end pieces.
- In a medium serving bowl, combine snow peas, scallions and radishes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar and oil until sugar dissolves. Pour dressing over salad and serve.