Makes two 9-inch pizzas
Team fresh dill with smoked salmon and sour cream for a classic flavor combination.
- ½ batch Master Recipe, divided into 2 portions
- ²/3 cup sour cream or crème fraîche
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 green onions, with some green, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Lemon juice or grated lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven and shape one portion of dough according to the Master Recipe. Dimple the surface with your knuckles up to the raised crust rim. Slide the crust into the oven and bake for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shape and dimple the remaining portion of dough. Turn the first pizza around and slide the second into the oven. Bake each pizza for a total of 5 minutes, or until the crust is pale gold on top, firm and light golden brown on the bottom.
- Remove each pizza as it is done and let it stand on a cutting board for a minute or two. On each, spread half the sour cream or crème fraîche. Season lightly with salt and pepper and sprinkle with half the green onions. Arrange half the smoked salmon on top and sprinkle with half the dill. Sprinkle with a few drops of lemon juice or a little grated lemon zest if desired. Serve hot or warm.
Click here for more pizza recipes from the original article, Piece of Pizza Pie Herb Garden.