• 1 clamshell oyster mushrooms
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 tablespoon sage, chopped fine
• Coarse salt and black pepper
1. Clean mushrooms by wiping with a damp cloth. Slice.
2. In a medium sauté pan, melt the butter. When butter has melted, toss in mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until mushrooms brown lightly at the edges.
3. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Mushrooms should now be soft and ready to eat. Stir in the sage. Salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Caleb Melchior studies landscape architecture at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas. When not working in the design studio, he writes about food and works in the garden.
Click here for the main article,
Sage Varieties: Growing Tips and Recipes