An Italian friend always made these potatoes to go with roast chicken or lamb for Sunday dinner. They are also delightful as a brunch dish with scrambled eggs or as picnic or lunch fare. The potatoes may be left whole or quartered or diced. Quartered or diced ones will cook faster.
- 8 small red potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary, or 2 tablespoons dried
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
Click here for the orginal article, Potatoes and their Herbal Partners.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the potatoes and garlic in a baking dish large enough to hold them in a single layer. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss the potatoes to coat them evenly. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and rosemary, and toss them again.
- Roast for 45 minutes (for whole potatoes, less for cut-up ones), or until the potatoes are crisp on the outside and tender inside. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.