This is a classic with a twist. Rose hips and cranberry juice accompany apple cider to make this spicy beverage.
• 3 tablespoons dried rose hips
• 4 cups hot water
• 3 cinnamon sticks
• 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
• 4 cups apple cider
• 2 cups cranberry juice
• One orange, sliced thin
• Cinnamon sticks for garnish, if desired
1. Steep rose hips in hot water for 10 minutes, then strain. Transfer all ingredients to a large saucepan. Simmer on low for at least 1 hour before serving.
2. To make ahead, steep tea and then add all ingredients to a large container and refrigerate. Before serving, transfer to saucepan and simmer as usual.
3. Serve in festive mugs with a cinnamon stick as a garnish.
Katherine Huether is a freelance writer and herbalist. She has a B.A. in English from the University of New Hampshire and a Diploma of Herbal Studies from the Australasian College of Health Sciences. She is also the corresponding editor of All Info About Germany, a website dedicated to German culture and travel (
Click here for the main article,
Recipes for Holiday Punch.