Spicy Licorice Tea Blend
MAKES 1 CUP
While this recipe contains no licorice, the flavor contained in the following herbs is delightfully strong when they are crushed and combined.
• 2 teaspoons dried anise hyssop leaves, crushed
• 1 teaspoon dried fennel or anise seed, crushed
• 1 teaspoon whole allspice berries, crushed
1. Combine ingredients and place in a glass measuring cup.
2. Cover with 1 cup of boiling water. Cover cup and steep for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Strain out herbs and spices.
4. I enjoy this unsweetened, but you may want to add a bit of stevia or honey.
Click here to return to the main article, Preserving Herbs for Winter Use.
Cathy Manus-Gray is an herbal educator and freelance writer who lives, works, and plays at Herban Gardens, an oasis in the city of Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.