Herbal Rub for Poultry
MAKES 2 TABLESPOONS
A great way to serve a tasty meal and make use of the dehydrated herbs from your garden is with these seasonings. The 2 tablespoons provides plenty of seasoning for a small chicken or other poultry as a main dish. Garnish with vegetables and enjoy.
• 1 tablespoon dried lemon thyme
• 1 teaspoon dried sage
• 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Slightly crush the herbs using a mortar and pestle. Combine all the ingredients and store in an airtight container.
2. To use, wash the poultry and pat it dry.
3. Lightly oil the surface. Sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons (to taste) per pound, and rub it in.
4. Let stand loosely covered for 1 hour or more in the refrigerator before cooking.
Click here to return to the main article, Preserving Herbs for Winter Use.
Cathy Manus-Gray is an herbal educator and freelance writer who lives, works, and plays at Herban Gardens, an oasis in the city of Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.