Makes one 12- to 14-inch pizza or two 9-inch pizzas
This simple pizza showcases flavorful herbs, garlic, olive oil and Italian cheeses.
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped, or 6 to 8 leaves garlic chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ batch Master Recipe, in 1 or 2 portions
- Leaves from 6 to 8 sprigs thyme
- Leaves from 4 to 6 sprigs Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ pound Teleme or Taleggio cheese, cut into bits
- Mix the garlic or garlic chives with the olive oil in a small bowl. Preheat the oven and shape the pizza(s) according to the Master Recipe.
- Brush the dough with the flavored olive oil. Sprinkle the dough with the thyme leaves and half of the parsley. Dot the dough with the cheese.
- Bake for 6 minutes, or until the bottom is crisp and the cheese is melted and slightly colored. Remove from the oven and let stand a minute or two. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Cut and serve hot.
Click here for more pizza recipes from the original article, Piece of Pizza Pie Herb Garden.