Serves 4 to 6
Redolent with fresh garlic and tarragon, this unusual blend adds a touch of country French to an American picnic table. Substitute fresh dill or cilantro if you don’t like tarragon.
• 4 large russet potatoes
• Apple cider vinegar
• 1 batch Garlic Mayonnaise, or to taste
• 1/3 to 1/2 cup whole fresh tarragon leaves, stripped from stems
• 1 red onion or several scallions, chopped
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook and peel the potatoes. Dice them when they’re nearly cooled and douse them liberally with apple cider vinegar. (Pouring on vinegar while the potatoes are still warm allows the vinegar to soak in.)
2. Add Garlic Mayo, fresh tarragon, chopped onion and salt and pepper.
3. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate over-night to allow flavors to blend.
Lynn Alley is a freelance food and wine writer living in San Diego, California.
Click here for more summer picnic recipes from the original article,
Picnic Ideas and Recipes