Serves 4 to 6
Accompany this handsome bread simply with antipasto and a hearty red wine.
- ½ cup pieces of sun-dried tomato (not oil-packed)
- 3 tablespoons chopped Greek or Italian oregano
- 1 batch Master Recipe, mixed but not kneaded
- Semolina, flour, or cornmeal for dusting the paddle
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, mixed with 1 minced garlic clove
- Knead the sun-dried tomato pieces and oregano into the dough. Let it rise and shape it on a baking sheet according to the Master Recipe.
- Fifteen minutes before baking, preheat the oven to 425°F. Stretch the dough to its final dimensions of about 10 by 15 inches, cover it with a damp tea towel and let it rest in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
- Just before baking, dimple the dough with your knuckles and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the focaccia is light golden brown. Remove to a rack, then cut and serve warm or at room temperature.
Click here for more great pizza recipes from the original article, Piece of Pizza Pie Herb Garden.