- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
cup mushrooms, washed and diced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kirsch
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt, to taste
- Pumpkin seed oil, optional
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, add the mushrooms and shallot, and sauté until soft and lightly browned.
- Add the Kirsch. Let cool slightly to prevent milk from curdling and puree the mixture in a blender or food processor. Add milk and salt to taste. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- To serve, fill small soufflé bowls two-thirds full of the pumpkin cream soup. Add a few drops of pumpkin seed oil, if desired. Cover with the mushroom mousse.
Sibylle Hechtel is a freelance writer from Colorado. She wrote about her native German cuisine in the December 2000/January 2001 issue of The Herb Companion.
Click here for the original article, Switzerland's Scrumptious Surprises.