This is the quick-and-easy spread that transforms ordinary hot, fresh bread into a divine treat. It's my interpretation of a blend served at a local franchise, hence the name. I prefer my favorite broadleaf garlic chives in this recipe, but any chive, or even minced shallots, are tasty, too.
• 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 2 tablespoons butter, softened
• 1 teaspoon dry white wine or lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1. In a small ceramic or glass mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter. Stir in wine or lemon juice. Add black pepper and cumin; stir until thoroughly combined. Fold in chives and parsley.
2. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Regular Herb Companion contributor Rose R. Kennedy loves experimenting in her Knoxville, Tenn., kitchen with homegrown herbs.
Click here for the main article,
Make Herbal Spreads, Dips and Butters