This slightly sweet, savory spread is a natural on fresh-baked muffins, toast or most crackers.
• 1 cup ricotta cheese
• 1 tablespoon milk
• 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, or more, to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 4 fresh pineapple sage leaves, minced and rubbed between your fingers to release flavor, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
• 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1. In medium mixing bowl, cream ricotta cheese and milk on medium speed with a handheld mixer for 1 minute. Add confectioner’s sugar one tablespoon at a time, mixing after each addition. Stir in cinnamon and pineapple sage. Refrigerate mixture for 1 hour. Stir mixture and gently fold in pineapple.
2. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with more sage leaves if desired. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Regular Herb Companion contributor Rose R. Kennedy loves experimenting in her Knoxville, Tenn., kitchen with homegrown herbs.
Click here for the main article,
Make Herbal Spreads, Dips and Butters