This is delicious on crusty bread slices, crostini or wheat crackers.
• 6 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil (reserve 1 teaspoon of oil)
• 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
• 1 teaspoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
• 3 garlic cloves, peeled, minced and mashed
• 1/4 cup chopped red onion
• 2 tablespoons very finely minced fresh parsley, stems included
• 1 teaspoon very finely minced fresh rosemary leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Finely chop sun-dried tomatoes; set aside. In a ceramic or glass bowl, mix together cream cheese and reserved oil. Add vinegar and mix with a hand mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add remaining ingredients and stir with spoon to combine. Allow flavors to develop by refrigerating for at least an hour or up to 36 hours. Bring to room temperature and stir before serving.
2. Leftovers will keep for up to 3 days in refrigerator.
Regular Herb Companion contributor Rose R. Kennedy loves experimenting in her Knoxville, Tenn., kitchen with homegrown herbs.
Click here for the main article,
Make Herbal Spreads, Dips and Butters