Try this on wheat crackers along with fresh apple or pear slices.
• 1 tablespoon butter, softened
• 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1 small tart apple with peel, washed and grated
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
• Salt and cracked pepper, to taste
1. Cream together butter and cream cheese a small bowl. Heat oil on medium-high heat in a small saucepan; sauté apple and garlic in hot oil for 1 minute. Add curry powder and sauté for 1 minute. Add apple-curry mixture and cilantro to bowl of creamed ingredients, mixing well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours to allow flavors to blend. Bring to room temperature and stir before serving.
2. Leftovers will last approximately 3 days in refrigerator.
Regular Herb Companion contributor Rose R. Kennedy loves experimenting in her Knoxville, Tenn., kitchen with homegrown herbs.
Click here for the main article,
Make Herbal Spreads, Dips and Butters