Use this on steamed and grilled vegetables, fish, poultry and bread.
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped lemon balm
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon thyme
• 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemon verbena
• 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
• 1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
• Pinch of salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Refrigerate and use within 2 weeks or freeze up to 5 months.
Theresa Loe is always creating new herbal recipes and crafts for her annual calendar, The Herbal Calendar (Tide-Mark Press). It is illustrated by Peggy Turchette, who also illustrated this column. You can link to Theresa's website at the Friends of The Herb Companion page on our website, www.herbcompanion.com/contributors.aspx.ol
Click here for the main article,
Herbs in the Pantry: Herbal Butters.