Makes 1 1/2 cups
This cheese makes a great sandwich spread or cracker topper. For a dip, add a little milk or extra wine.
• 1 cup ricotta cheese
• 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
• 1 tablespoon white wine
• 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage, or 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh savory, or 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
• 1 teaspoon tamari
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
• Fresh herbs or chopped chives for garnish
1. Stir all the ingredients together vigorously until thoroughly blended. Scrape into a serving bowl and smooth the top. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
2. Garnish with fresh herbs or chopped chives.
Jennifer Stein Barker, Canyon City, Oregon