Use your favorite flavor combinations for an international flare.
Jamaican Sesame Mint Burgers
Makes 4 to 6 servings
This sweet and salty combination makes me never want to eat an ordinary beef patty again! Simple mayonnaise is enough to dress up this one; its subtle flavor complements the sweet pineapple, hint of mint and rich sesame flavor.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- ½ teaspoon salt
- One 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, divided
- About ¼ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pineapple rings, for garnish
- 4 to 6 sesame buns
Click here for the original article, Sizzling Herbal Burgers.
- Combine beef, honey, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, ginger, mint, salt and 1/2 cup of the crushed pineapple, drained. Reserve remaining pineapple and juice for basting sauce. Add oats as needed to help burgers stay together.
- Heat juice, wine, soy sauce and brown sugar in a sauce pan on low to medium heat until thickened.
- Form patties and grill or fry. As they cook, baste the burgers with the sauce intermittently.
- Serve on a toasted sesame bun topped with a pineapple ring dowsed with some of the remaining basting sauce and your favorite burger toppings.