Makes two, 12-inch pizzas
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 1¼ cups warm water (110 degrees — I use my microwave to ensure the proper temperature)
- 3 cups organic unbleached flour (or 2 cups unbleached flour and 1 cup whole-wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until blended into a ball. Let the dough rise in a bowl.
- After it rises, punch the dough down, cut it into two parts and knead the parts into balls.
- Sprinkle corn meal on the pizza stone to prevent sticking. Use a pastry brush to coat the top of the dough with more chili oil or olive oil.
Pat Herkal is a regular contributor who enjoys the gardening challenge of Wyoming’s schizophrenic Zone 4 climate.
Click here for the original article, Homemade Pizza with Herbs.