The combination of olives, baby greens, and tender pork makes an elegant sandwich.
• 1 to 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/3 cup Dijon-style mustard
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives or garlic chives
• 6 pitas
• 3 cups mixed baby greens
• 1/2 cup black olives, coarsely chopped
• 1/4 cup green olives, coarsely chopped
1. Coat the tenderloin with the oil. Grill it for 30 minutes, or until it’s no longer pink in the center. While the tenderloin cooks, combine the mustard and chives in a small bowl. Line the pita pockets with the baby greens.
2. Cut the pork into medallions and spread each with mustard. Divide the medallions and olives among the six pitas, fill the pockets, and serve.
Culinary herbalist Debbie Whittaker writes and lectures on gourmet herbal cuisine from her home in Denver, Colorado.
Click here for the main article, Homemade Pita Recipes .