Here’s one way to take a salad to work. If you don’t have tuna, try chicken.
• 1 pita
• 3/4 cup fresh salad greens, torn
• 2 sprigs each fresh basil and parsley, minced
• 3 ounces albacore tuna
• 1 teaspoon capers
• 1 hard-boiled egg, coarsely chopped
• 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
• 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing
1. Line the pita pocket with the greens, basil, and parsley.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the tuna, capers, egg, and cheese. Fill the pocket with the tuna mixture.
3. Drizzle on the salad dressing just before eating.
Culinary herbalist Debbie Whittaker writes and lectures on gourmet herbal cuisine from her home in Denver, Colorado.
Click here for the main article,
Homemade Pita Recipes