Use with a garnish for a great stand-alone dessert, or without a garnish to dollop onto cake slices. SERVES 6
• 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
• 1/4 cup honey, or more to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Orange wedges, mint sprigs and unsweetened cocoa, for garnish
1. Combine ricotta and next 4 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
2. Spoon mixture into stemmed glasses; garnish with orange wedges and mint sprigs. Dust with unsweetened cocoa.
Gina Mohammed, Ph.D., is a plant physiologist who researches medicinal and other specialty uses of plants. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or write to 1503 SW 42nd St., Topeka, KS 66609 for a detailed reference list.
Click here for the main article,
Make Holiday Desserts Without Refined Sugars