Seasonal Fruit Salad
Serves 8 to 10
Using unwaxed organic pears and apples for this salad means you don’t have to peel them. Citrus juice keeps the fruit from discoloring, so the salad can be assembled in advance.
Small jar (8 to 10 ounces) orange marmalade or apricot preserves
1 tablespoon orange liqueur, orange juice or water
2 navel oranges, blood oranges, tangelos, tangerines or Clementines
1 large red apple
1 large yellow apple
2 large pears
1 cup red grapes
1 cup green grapes
Zest of 1 small lemon
1. Heat the preserves in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until they melt. Pour through a small strainer and measure ½ cup. Put the remainder back in the jar with the strained-out pieces for later use. Add the liqueur to the strained preserves and stir.
2. Peel the oranges and divide them into sections. Cut each section in half crosswise.
3. Scrub the apples and pears and cut them lengthwise into quarters. Remove the cores and seeds. Slice thin crosswise and toss them with the oranges.
4. Add the grapes, preserves and the zest and toss well to coat the fruit evenly.
5. Serve at cool room temperature. If prepared ahead and refrigerated, remove from refrigerator about half an hour before serving.
Read the original article, "Holiday Brunch: 6 Winter Brunch Recipes."