Dill and chervil are the perfect complement to asparagus and crab. Or you can mix it up by trying other fresh herbs, such as tarragon and dill, or tarragon and basil. MAKES ONE 15-INCH PIZZA
• 1 (12- to 14-ounce) prepared pizza dough
• 1/2 cup prepared alfredo sauce
• 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
• 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh chervil
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
• 12 ounces lump crabmeat, flaked
• 1 cup chopped fresh asparagus
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place pizza dough on a nonstick baking sheet or pizza screen. In a medium bowl, combine alfredo sauce, yogurt, mustard, dill, chervil and sugar until thoroughly mixed. Spread sauce evenly over prepared pizza dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border for the crust.
2. Sprinkle both cheeses evenly over the pizza, then top with crabmeat and asparagus. Sprinkle chives over toppings.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.
Kris Wetherbee is a contributing editor who wrangles her herb garden in western Oregon.
Click here for the main article, Prepare Herbal Pizza Combinations.