• 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
• 1⁄3 cup mixed fresh herbs (e.g., basil, chives, cilantro, mint)
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• 6 green olives, pitted
• 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
• 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Put all ingredients, except the oil, salt and pepper, into a food processor and blend to a smooth paste.
2. Gradually blend in the oil to form a sauce, then add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Serve as a dip with fresh bread and raw or cooked vegetables.
Gina Mohammed, Ph.D., is a plant physiologist who researches medicinal and other specialty uses of plants. She lives in Ontario, Canada. Visit her at www.pmtech.ca
Click here for the main article,
The Healing Power of Culinary Herbs