• 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
• 1⁄3 cup mixed fresh herbs (e.g., basil, chives, cilantro, mint)
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• 6 green olives, pitted
• 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
• 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Put all ingredients, except the oil, salt and pepper, into a food processor and blend to a smooth paste.
2. Gradually blend in the oil to form a sauce, then add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Serve as a dip with fresh bread and raw or cooked vegetables.
Gina Mohammed, Ph.D., is a plant physiologist who researches medicinal and other specialty uses of plants. She lives in Ontario, Canada. Visit her at www.pmtech.ca .
Click here for the main article, The Healing Power of Culinary Herbs .