• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
• 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
• 1 teaspoon fresh sage leaves, chopped
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
• 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 pounds fingerling or new potatoes, halved
• Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Whisk together olive oil and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Cut larger potatoes in half; add potatoes to oil mixture and toss gently until potatoes are evenly coated. Place in an aluminum foil-lined jelly roll pan.
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring after 20 minutes.
Gina Mohammed, Ph.D., is a plant physiologist who researches medicinal and other specialty uses of plants. She lives in Ontario, Canada. Visit her at www.pmtech.ca .
Click here for the main article, The Healing Power of Culinary Herbs .