Yields about 3/4 cup
• Serve this piquant sauce with grilled swordfish, halibut or any other firm white fish.
• ½ cup finely minced parsley
• 1 tablespoon minced chives
• 2 anchovy fillets
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons rice or white wine vinegar
1. In a mortar, mash the parsley, chives, anchovies and garlic to a chunky paste. Stir in the mustard, then slowly blend in the oil and finally the vinegar.
2. Serve immediately or store in a covered glass jar in the refrigerator for as long as 24 hours.
Cornelia Carlson, an inveterate herb gardener, has a Ph.D. in biochemistry. She is the author of The Practically Meatless Gourmet (Berkley, 1996) and a contributor to Nutrition Secrets of the Ancients (Prima, 1996).
Click here for the original article, Cooking with Parsley.