• 1 stick salted butter or margarine, softened
• 5–6 garlic cloves, minced
• 3 tablespoons grated parmesan or romano cheese
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
• 1 teaspoon ground dried thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• Dash cumin
• 1 loaf French or Italian bread
With a wire whisk, mix together all the ingredients except the bread. Split the bread lengthwise and spread the butter mixture over each half. Heat in an oven set at 250°F for 7 to 10 minutes.
--Karen Potter Morrione Atlanta, Georgia
For more recipes from Kitchen Table, click here.