Makes 1 drink
When I first made this, I imagined a tart pink drink, and decided to use rose-scented geranium. I was quite pleased with the results, but a few testers (male) found the rose geranium too perfumey for their taste. I made it again with red-flowered bee balm (Monarda didyma) and loved it. It is a scandalous scarlet pink.
- 2 rose-scented geranium leaves or 5 bee balm leaves
- 1½ ounces vodka
- 3 ounces pink grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon grenadine
- Heaping cup crushed ice
- Muddle geranium or bee balm in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add vodka, grapefruit juice and grenadine, along with ice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour into a well-chilled martini glass and serve immediately.
Susan Belsinger is a frequent contributor who loves to sip herbal cocktails in her Maryland home.
Click here for the original article, Herbal Summer Cocktails.