Fragrant lavender blossoms create the flavor; pale lavender food coloring enhances the appearance of this unusual ice cream. Serve it with a sprig of fresh lavender or a candied violet.
- 2 rounded tablespoons fresh lavender blossoms
- 1 batch French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 rounded teaspoon chopped fresh lavender blossoms
- 7 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 7 drops blue food coloring (optional)
1. Stir the 2 tablespoons of lavender blossoms into the hot ice cream base. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight (the longer it is refrigerated, the stronger the flavor will be).
2. Strain the mixture and add the additional chopped lavender blossoms and the optional food coloring. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Click here for the original article, Frozen Treats.