Makes 2 drinks
This is a gorgeous, bright-red slush highlighted with the aroma of citrus herbs. I buy fresh, local berries when they are in season — wash, core and slice them — and freeze one-cup quantities in zip-close freezer bags so that I am always prepared. You could try this with frozen melon chunks, too.
- 8 to 12 lime- or lemon-scented geranium leaves
- 1 cup limeade
- 1 cup frozen sliced strawberries
- ½ cup good-quality tequila
- ¼ cup triple sec
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Muddle scented geranium leaves in a pitcher and add limeade. Set aside. Put frozen strawberries, tequila and triple sec into a blender.
- Strain limeade into blender and blend for 10 seconds. Add ice and blend until frozen and smooth. Pour into frosted margarita glasses and serve immediately with a straw, garnished with a scented geranium leaf, if desired.
Susan Belsinger is a frequent contributor who loves to sip herbal cocktails in her Maryland home.
Click here for the original article, Herbal Summer Cocktails.