Makes about 1 cup
Here’s a piquant variation that uses sour cream. For best results, do not freeze this pesto, as freezing will cause the sour cream to separate.
· 1 cup fresh arugula leaves, lightly packed
· 1 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, lightly packed
· 1/2 cup almonds
· 2 shallots, peeled
· 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
· 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
· 1/4 cup sour cream
· Salt, to taste
· Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Combine the first five ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil to create a fine paste.
2. Blend in the sour cream, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Click here for the original article,
Fresh for the Pesto Garden.