• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
• 1/4 cup poblano diced chile
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/2 cup green chile, toasted, then peeled, seeded, and diced
• 1/2 cup coarse yellow grits
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 1/2 cup Sonoma jack cheese
• Kosher salt, cracked black pepper, and Green Chile Tabasco sauce to taste
1. Sauté the onion, garlic and poblano in oil until soft.
2. Add the green chile and grits; sauté 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring constantly.
3. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has been absorbed.
4. Stir in the cheese and season to taste.
Click here for the original article, ADesert Oasis with 4 Great Spicy Recipes.
Laura Daily is determined to see her favorite culinary herbs flourish this winter on a windowsill at her mountainside home in Snowmass Village, Colorado.