Serves 4 to 6
This savory flat bread evokes the sights and fragrances of the Italian countryside.
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, lightly toasted
- 16 to 20 Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 10 to 12 marjoram sprigs, leaves chopped, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 batch Master Recipe, mixed but not kneaded
- Semolina, flour or cornmeal for dusting the paddle
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Knead the fennel seeds, olives and marjoram into the dough. Let it rise and shape it on a baking sheet according to the Master Recipe. Fifteen minutes before baking, preheat the oven to 425°F. Stretch the dough to its final dimensions of about 10 by 15 inches, cover it with a damp tea towel, and let it rest in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
- Just before baking, dimple the dough with your knuckles and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the focaccia is light golden brown. Remove to a rack, then cut and serve warm or at room temperature.
Click here for more great pizza recipes from the original article, Piece of Pizza Pie Herb Garden.