Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup
1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
4 cups Roasted Tomato Sauce
1 quart chicken or vegetable stock
1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaves, cleaned and julienned
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup Freezer Pesto
1. Place freezer bag with tomato sauce in a pan of hot water to thaw.
2. When mostly liquid, put it and the stock in a saucepan and heat to boiling.
3. Stir in basil strips (reserving a handful for garnish) and bring soup back to a boil.
4. Add half-and-half and continue heating until soup reaches serving temperature.
5. Ladle soup into bowls and mound 2 tablespoons of pesto in the center. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan and julienned basil.