Fresh mango (or thawed frozen) purees easily in a food processor. To save time, you can use mango nectar instead of the pureed mango called for in this recipe. SERVES 6
• 4 cups water
• 4 teaspoons black tea leaves
• 1 1/2 cups pureed mango
• 1/4 cup sugar, or to taste
• 2 tablespoons fresh peppermint leaves
• Crushed ice
• Thinly sliced mango, to garnish
1. Bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and add black tea.
2. Cover and steep for 5 minutes.
3. Strain and add mango and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
4. Pour into a serving pitcher with peppermint leaves. Chill.
5. Pour into glasses filled with crushed ice.
6. Garnish each glass with a thin slice of mango.
Nanette Blanchard is a freelance food writer who tries to keep cool in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Click here for the main article, Cool Down with Iced Drinks.