This hearty drink tastes a lot like a Bloody Mary without the vodka. If you can’t find fresh lovage, substitute minced celery leaves. SERVES 4
• 4 cups tomato juice
• 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
• 1/4 cup minced fresh lovage
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste
• Celery sticks, for garnish
• Whole parsley and lovage sprigs, for garnish
1. Mix tomato juice with minced herbs, black pepper and soy sauce in a large pitcher.
2. Chill for several hours.
3. Garnish each serving with a celery stick and more fresh herbs.
Nanette Blanchard is a freelance food writer who tries to keep cool in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Click here for the main article, Cool Down with Iced Drinks.