If you have trouble finding the delicious, oily black cod for this recipe at the market, you can substitute mahi-mahi. The black cod is worth asking your fishmonger for, however! SERVES 4
• 4 (6-ounce) black cod fillets
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons low-sugar orange marmalade
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet orange peel
• 1 to 2 tablespoons ginger juice
• Fresh parsley sprigs and orange slices, for garnish
1. Place fish in a baking dish.
2. Stir together olive oil and next 4 ingredients; drizzle mixture over fish. Cover and chill 1 hour, turning once.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake marinated fish for 10 to 15 minutes, or just until fish flakes with fork. Serve immediately.
Don Matesz, L.Ac., is a nutritionist, board-certified herbalist and acupuncturist. He lives and practices in Arizona. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 1503 SW 42nd St., Topeka, KS 66609 for a detailed reference list for this article.
Click here for the main article,
Citrus Peel Medicine