Makes 6 jars
This Certo gelatin recipe was used by Eloise Henry of Raton for at least fifty years.
• 3 cups prepared chokecherry juice
• 6 1/2 cups sugar
• 2 pouches (6 ounces) Certo gelatin
1. Add the juice to the sugar. Mix well.
2. Stir constantly on high heat. Bring to a full rolling boil that continues boiling while you stir.
3. Add the Certo all at once while you keep stirring. Bring to a full rolling boil again.
4. Allow to boil for 1 minute.
5. Remove from the heat.
6. Skim off the foam.
7, Pour the hot liquid through a funnel into sterilized jars placed on a tray.
8. Seal and store.
Click here for the original article, Chokecherry Delight.