Makes about 32 biscotti
These chocolate almond biscotti are outstanding served with a steaming cup of coffee or cocoa. Their mint flavor comes from fresh mint leaves.
cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
cup chocolate mint leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
cups all-purpose flour
- 1 milk chocolate bar with almonds (1.45 ounces), chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a bowl, combine the margarine, sugar and cocoa powder. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Beat in the eggs, mint leaves and baking powder. By hand, stir in the flour and chopped chocolate. Shape dough into two logs on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When the logs are cool, transfer them to a cutting board. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F. Cut the logs into 1-inch slices and place them, cut side up, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, turn and bake 8 minutes longer. Transfer the biscotti to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
—Diane Nelson, Ames, Iowa