Serve this chinese vegetable recipe over rice and fresh ginger for a satisfying vegetarian entrée.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 medium white onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
cups snow peas
- 3 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup chopped Napa cabbage
cup dry sherry
cup vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the ginger for 1 minute. Stir in the onion, broccoli, and pepper, and sauté 1 minute longer. Stir in the snow peas, celery, and cabbage, and sauté 1 minute longer. Stir in the sherry and vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer 3 minutes longer, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
— Ron Duff, Austin, Texas