Makes about 1 quart
Serve chamomile flower wine in your favorite wine glass and couple it with a tasty herbal meal.
- 1 liter dry white wine
- 1 cup dried chamomile flowers
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1½ ounces light rum (optional)
- 4 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
- Pour wine into a clean glass jar or bottle. Add chamomile, orange zest and rum. Cover and steep for 1 week.
- Strain through a coffee filter, add honey to taste and pour it into a clean container. Seal and store for up to 1 year.
Leah A. Zeldes is food editor of Chicago’s Lerner Newspapers.
Click here for the original article, Homemade Liqueurs with Herbs.