Serves 4 or 6
• 4 or 6 fresh figs
• fresh apricots
• 1 cup ricotta cheese
• 3 tablespoons liquid honey
• 1 teaspoon fresh chervil, chopped, or French tarragon
1. Slice figs crosswise but leave attached at the base. Turn and make another cut at right angles to the first cut, leaving the fig attached at the base. Place cut figs on a serving platter.
2. Cut apricots in half and remove the stone. Add to figs on the platter.
3. In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese with honey and chervil. Serve with figs and apricots.
Pat Crocker cooks bistro-style food with her favorite herbs every week. Her latest book,
The Vegan Cook’s Bible (Robert Rose, 2009), is now available.
Click here to view the original article,
Budget Friendly Meals.