Blueberries are incredibly good for you. At a mere 80 calories per cup, blueberries offer a good source of vitamin C, fiber, potassium, lutein and a host of phytochemicals. HEALTHY BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE SERVES 2 TO 3
• 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
• 1 cup ice, if using fresh blueberries
• 1/2 cup light coconut milk
• 1/2 cup pineapple juice
• 1 ripe banana
• 1 tablespoon honey, if desired
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour Healthy Blueberry Smoothie into chilled glasses and serve.
Kris Wetherbee is a freelance writer and frequent contributor. She lives in the hills of western Oregon with her photographer husband, Rick Wetherbee. Visit her website at Rick & Kris Wetherbee.
Click here for the main article, Health Benefits of Berries.