Makes 1 margarita
Here’s a tropical blue take on the classic margarita. The orange-scented geranium works harmoniously with the curacao. Any of the orange pelargoniums will do, but ‘Prince of Orange’ is my personal favorite.
- 4 or 5 orange-scented geranium leaves
- 1 cup limeade
- ¼ cup good-quality tequila
- 2 tablespoons blue curacao
- Lime wedge
- Crushed ice
- Muddle orange geranium leaves in the bottom of the cocktail shaker. Add limeade, tequila and curacao.
- Run lime wedge around the rim of a chilled margarita glass, and dip rim in salt. Squeeze lime wedge into cocktail shaker and add about a cup of crushed ice.
- Shake for 10 seconds and strain margarita into prepared glass. Add a little crushed ice to the drink if you desire.
Susan Belsinger is a frequent contributor who loves to sip herbal cocktails in her Maryland home.
Click here for the original article, Herbal Summer Cocktails.